Add the power and capabilities of BG-Map to your website with Web-VQF. Visitors will learn about your garden and create their own maps with ease from home or on-site. And, your staff will gain unprecedented access to plant records and location maps.
Not a "Cookie Cutter" Approach
Your website powered by Web-VQF can be unique to your institution, with numerous options to give you the ability to control its look and make it your own.
Map Display - Click to See
|Automatically switches between mobile, desktop and tablet modes|
Click This Image to See a Typical Plant Information Page.
Image Courtesy of Lark Labels
Web-VQF: Visitors QuickFinder
Features for Visitors
• Display Clickable Zoomable Maps
• What's Popular Now - Show what others have recently viewed.
• Search for Plants by Name - by typing a name or choosing from a list of scientific or common names
• Searchable Garden Features - Find buildings, fountains, artworks, etc, Each feature can have audio, video and an image gallery
• Display Staff-Created Tours - Tours can include plants and garden features. Each tour can have audio or video• Seasonal Plants - Include unaccessioned plants, such as annuals or tropicals, that are seasonally displayed.
• Search for Plants by Characteristics - habit, flower color, sun requirements, etc.
• Search Phenology Records - and display history of flowering and fruiting
• Online Glossary - of botany and horticulture terms
• Find Memorial Benches and Trees - Search by memorial name or donor name.
• Create Your Own Tour - of plants and garden features or display a staff-selected tour
• E-Mail Pages - to friends and colleagues
Features for Staff
Garden staff can have access to plant records data and plant locations not accessible by the general public, including restricted map locations and plant field check records.
Staff Features Include:
• Map or Remap Plants Using a Mobile Tablet Device
• Display Both Living and Dead Plants
• List Plants and Display Maps by BG-BASE Location or BG-Map Defined View
• Display Plant Records - including location history, field checks and measurments. Multi-values are listed in tabular format.
• Enter New Field Checks
• Create New Plants and Accessions
Features for Students
Web-VQF provides information through your website for learning about plants. It automatically generates course manuals, including plant lists, plant information sheets and plant location maps. Features include the ability to display maps showing the plants for each week of a course, an online illustrated glossary, and a self-test feature to enhance skills in plant identification.
• Create Course Manuals - in PDF format
• Enhanced Plant Information for Students - Registered students can access more detailed plant information including cultural requirements, instructor's comments, etc.
• Self-Test Feature - helps students develop skills in plant identification and naming
Try It Yourself:
Morris Arboretum Collection Connection
Visitors can search for plants and garden features - Click to Enlarge
Mapping the world... one plant at a time
© 2017 Glicksman Associates, Inc. All rights reserved