BG-Map Feature Article
BG-Map - What's New?
Other Feature Articles
BG-Map version 5.0 is available now.
Here is a listing of new features and improvements:
- AutoCAD LT Compatibility - set up additional BG-Map workstations at lower cost using AutoCAD LT98.
- Garden Notepad - record plant sizes and condition in the field using a hand-held computer.
- Create a Tour - visitors create their own garden tours, visiting up to 6 plants - prints a numbered tour map with plants arranged by walking distance.
- Improved Visitors QUICKFinder! - more consistent graphics, listing of walking distances to plants, automatic return to home screen, more setup options
- Excluded Regions and Plants - define garden regions and individual plants that are excluded from access by Visitors QUICKFinder!
- Partial Name Lookup - find any plant on the map by entering the first few letters of its name.
- Checking of Species and Cultivar Names - before being listed in a popup, species and cultivar names are checked to make sure that at least one living plant is currently mapped.
- NPO's (Non-Plant Objects) - use a total station or GPS for automated mapping of utilities, paths, unaccessioned plants, etc.
- NPO Layer Assignments - pre-assign each type of NPO to an AutoCAD layer.
- Left and Right Offsets - makes the total station interface more flexible by allowing offsets to the side as well as in front of a plant.
- AutoCAD Toolbars - customized BG-Map toolbars simplify AutoCAD operation.
- On Line-Users Manual - directly access an on-line version of the BG-Map Users Manual
- Select Plants by Habit - select plants by habit to create customized maps.
- Text Length Override - show plant names on large defined view and site maps - text can be sized for printing or viewing on-screen.
- Plant List Export - export plant lists from BG-Map to other software applications.
- Pseudo-TCL Command Line - access many of the features of original TCL found in Advanced Revelation. The last 100 commands can be recalled.
- Read-Only Access - assign read-only access to BG-Map users.
- Individual User Settings - each user maintains individual settings for printer size, colors, and plant lists.
- Recording of Survey Dates - record the dates each plant was surveyed with a total station or GPS.
- Filtering of Dead Plants - filter out dead plants from saved BG-BASE lists,
- Multi-Trunks - depict on the map trees with multiple trunks.
- Exclude Standard Fields from Plant Lists -exclude one or more of the default "standard" fields from plant lists.
- Type In Quadrant and Defined View Names - type in names or select from a popup.
- Large Book Maps - print book maps on larger 11" x 17" (A3) paper to show an entire quadrant with plant names on one page.
- Large Normal Defined View Maps - create normal defined view maps for areas of any size.
- Additional Developer Utilities - copy data between BG-Map and Windows files - an aid to system maintenance.
Updated August 30, 1999
Copyright © 1999 Glicksman Associates, Inc. All rights reserved